CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Real Reason I Love Halloween

You may think that I love Halloween because I enjoy making costumes and dressing up -- but I've got news for you! Here is the real reason:


Let me explain....Last year my good friend and once-upon-a-time-roommate Lizeeta introduced me to a new Halloween treat - peanuts (or maybe it was nuts in general) and candy corn! OH MY GOODNESS!!! This is the best treat EVAAAAH! If you enjoy the "salty-sweet" type of treats, this is heaven! I don't particularly like candy corn all by itself, but combine it with some salty peanuts and BANG - you have a delectable treat! Try it - you'll get hooked! :)

7 comments:

Rachelle

okay, I'll try it together on your recommendation...I do love candy corn all by itself, but prefer salty things...now, if I can just find some nuts! :)

Eliza

It IS just peanuts and I have a bowl already on my table. Once October hits it is time.

Dani

Liza - how do you not take a handful every time you walk by? I can't get enough! LOL

Eliza

I do! I just have bags of candy corn and tubs of peanuts stocked in my pantry to keep it always full. I kind of hate it though. I try really hard to keep it as my after kids are in bed and time to watch the dvr'd shows treat.

FOX

I know my little Evie is going to love this idea!!! She is a peanut and candy corn lover, but we have never thought of mixing!! I will tell you how it goes!!!

Kade and Emily

Mmmmmm I love candy corns, especially the pumpkin shaped ones! Every time I go to the grocery store I have to refrain from buying them. I might have to buy ONE bag, just so I can try this out.

nyclizzie

i so wish you didn't just tell me that! I just finally looked at the package of the kettlecorn that I consume almost nightly, and all I can say is, duh, no wonder that tire around my waist is turning into an 18-wheeler size! I have had to cut out all treats, but this one sounds so inventive and delish! I might have to try them because I have those things around this time of year. I hate you.