CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Test Dress

I decided to "test" the pattern with dollar fabric for Madison's faire/Halloween costume before cutting the good fabric. I'm really glad I did, as the dress and sleeves are ridiculously long; 6-8 inches! I'll just cut the pattern down for the "real" dress. I'm a little worried since after this picture, I couldn't get the dress off Maddie fast enough. Hmmmm, I hope she wants to wear the real thing!
All that's missing from her costume is the headpiece, front laces down the dress, and little arm band to pouf out the top of the sleeves. [I'll add picture with those later]

8 comments:

Rachelle

You are amazing! You could still sell this one! Can't wait to see the finished products!

Hope you guys have a great labor day weekend! I can't wait until this humidity is gone!

FreyBoys

I am loving it!! Super cute!!

FOX

OK! I saw this dress and then turned to Brandon and said, "do you want to see why I suck as a mom?" Then I showed him how AWESOME you are with your dress making skills!!!

YOU ROCK!!!!!

Sherrie

She is so cute...Dani you guys could go as twinners, you where the proto-type and make the scaled down version for Maddie.

Chelsea

She is cute! She kindof looks like she could be an elf on Lord of the Rings! She is adorable anyway! Good work!!!

Dani

Sherrie - thank you for thinking that this little dress might fit me LOL!! My dress and hers will be very similar, but different at the same time. All will be revealed!

Sherrie

I'm excited for you. I'm keeping mine and Emma's under wraps until the big day, just in case I flake out and end up buying her a costume at Target.

Cyd

Wow Dani! I didn't know you were such a gung-hoe seamstress. I'm always so jealous of the moms who can do so much with their kids Halloween costumes. I'm lazy and just borrow the great costumes that Dawn made for all of her girls.