CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yep....It's out!!

To quote a famous songster...."School's out for summer!" I almost put that song on my blog, but some of the lyrics were a little sketchy, so I'll just let you sing that in your head.

I got my Family Fun magazine yesterday in the mail and it had some fun ideas for the last day of school, so I recruited a friend's children I was watching this morning to help me color this banner and I stuck it across the door into the house. Corben was excited and I did get it on film, I'll have to download it to youtube since it's at least a minute and a half. I had him run through it [wanted it to tear in half like the football banners of high school days] but the wrapping paper I used must have been made of strong fibers. It never did break, but he ripped the tape and then it came tumbling down.

I've been busy trying to get the last plants of my garden in the ground, but the weather has been unreal here - it's the 6th or 7th day in a row of 100+ temperatures. It's actually scorching hot, and my grass is really feeling it too. We're officially the animal kingdom here right now, with 6 animals in the casa. Yikes, I know and that's not counting the kiddos ;] 3 dogs, 2 cats and a hamster to boot. The family that owns the two dogs and hamster will be back towards the end of the week and the animal house will be calm and still, and I'm certain that Lexi will be bored stiff.

9 comments:

Rachelle

You got that right- it's darn hot here! Stifling miserable- it's really the humidity that makes it so unbearable!

We have 2 more days of school left!

FOX

Wow! All my eastern friends are horribly hot this week. Sorry!

It has been so rainy here in Utah, that we have a chilly breeze right now.

Anyway...

I am SO happy to hear about your family again. I loved your post!!! You are such a wonderful mother!!!!

I loved the banner idea and it is an even better memory with the paper not ripping!!! Now it has a fun funny factor too! lol

FOX

Oh! I don't recognize the summer schools out song. Who sings it?

I am musically challenged!

Dani

Alice Cooper ;]

Eliza

yes...thanks to GH3 my children now can enjoy that song.

You and your posters you silly girl! You're a good mom.

FreyBoys

Super cute idea!!!

nyclizzie

Wow, you're an awesome mom! That sounds so fun. In theory, I'd like to do all those things, but life just gets to me.

Enjoy the Animal Kingdom at the Gebskis! xoxo

Sherrie

100 degrees!!! Crazy!! That used to be UT, but not this last week! Oh, wait this last few months.

Kade and Emily

Aren't you the mom of the year? Way to make your kid feel like a star!