CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Four Paws, Seedlings and More Progression!

This is definitely a power packed post - I have been MIA for a few days.... Well first and foremost, our family has grown by four PAWS. Yep, the little poochie that had no home has found her place with us. Introducing Lexi Gebski......the object of constant adoration from Corben and Maddie:
I've been working with her in the evenings after the kiddos are in bed to teach her some manners, and hopefully soon she will be able to walk on a leash. Cesar Millan [the true Dog Whisperer] has provided some very insightful and helpful training/behavioral tips in the videos I found at the library. I AM a pack leader in this family! ;]

Switching gears, here are my seedlings for the garden [three days ago]. I have everything in there from tomatoes, squash/zucchini, watermelon, cantaloupe, pumpkins to flowers for the front yard. Shortly after I took these pictures Sophie decided to sharpen her teeth on a few little plants and I lost a pumpkin and a cucumber leaf.
















I need to harden off the seedlings before I can plant them in my newly roto-tilled, soon to be fenced [Lexi deterrent] garden plot:
My little flowers have started to grow in the front yard as well [you might have to see the picture larger to see them]

and tomorrow I'll be putting in another rose bush, a cosmos and some more day lilies. I'm definitely working hard on my farmer's tan, I'm sure at this point I'd win the prize for "ghost shoulders." Perhaps I'll get a picture this weekend....no promises! ;]

As far as progression.....I'm getting closer to the final product. My friend Elizabeth was vital to the current state of organization -- She is an amazing organizer!!! We're going to continue getting things put away and more functional, and at that point I'll be able to scrap/sew/craft any time I want. So local friends who want to scrap or make cards.....the end is in sight!

8 comments:

Sherrie

First off Beautiful new blog design! Luv it! I had a feeling the poochy would be yours in the end. I am a total slacker this year, I have done NOTHING on my yard and it looks terrible. I guess I'd better get out there and get to work! Yours looks lovely! How fun to have a yard of your own to plant and mow in.

-KJ

Wow. You have been busy! So, what does Lester say about the dog? Hahahaha!
Garden looks great and so does your room!

FOX

Wow!!!!! I am sooo impressed with your garden!

I showed it to Brandon last night to show him how cool your garden plot is! (I would have left a comment then but I was using google reader.)

Anyway, YOU are one IMPRESSIVE woman and mom. It is so funny to see all my friends with kids now because I am used to picturing you hanging out and listening to Depeche Mode all day!!!! hahaha

You really are one impressive mom!!!!!

Kim

Amazing garden. We are trying our hand at tomatoes this year, but we cheated. We bought the plants already in the growing state with a set of hardy roots. So to say we have three red tomatoes isn't as impressive as it sounds since the plant came with one green tomato. Though we haven't killed it yet and have even added to the plants number of tomatoes so for us black thumbs we are coming along. One day I'll be an amazing gardener like you!

Rachelle

Good job, Dani! Looks great! I'm impressed that you started with seedlings, as I don't have the patience for that! Thanks for sharing the photos and Happy Mother's Day- I guess you got Lexi as an early gift???? HEE HEE!

Kade and Emily

Look at you little miss go getter! I'm impressed.
Congrats on the newest member of the fam.

Eliza

Busy lady. You are also kinder to strays than me. I would help them but no pets for me.

FreyBoys

You crack me up!!! The dog is adorable!! Fits your family. How is Sophie doing with the new addition? Sill hiding under the covers!! The room looks great and so do your seedlings. I have killed all the plants I have ever had so I don't even attempt any longer. Take care!! Love ya guys!!