CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Now Seriously

Is it the rule that when you take in a stray the word gets out in the animal kingdom that you have an open door policy?? If this is true, then word is spreading here like wildfire. Tonight while I was repotting some garden seedlings I heard a mewling kitten. That is a definite sign that it is a young animal. I do have an affinity for cats as it is, so I peeked my head over the fence hoping to see someone walking down the street with their new pet. Uhmmmm, not so! I quickly went out front with Madison in tow and we sat in the rocking chair to see what the dealio was. Shortly thereafter, I saw a small fur ball coming down the neighbors driveway. I whistled and "kissed the air" [animal lovers will know what that means] and here came this kitten bounding into our yard and right up to my leg. GEEZ!!! Like I said, word is spreading. I checked with the neighbor to see if perhaps it was his and that was a big negative. I'm sure this guy has a family, since most stray cats aren't friendly at all and don't come running up to you. I've already posted on craigslist in the lost and found, and the pets categories. Jack Hannah -- be aware....I'm trudging into your territory or so it seems!

On another subject, my garden fence/tomato trellises are finished and I've already planted some corn, green beans, peppers and eggplant. My seedlings (as mentioned above) are slowly getting used to being outside and will be planted shortly. I have strawberries and sungold cherry tomatoes coming in the mail and those will get planted as well.

We went to the fair two weeks ago and just who do you think we found there? I hope you're jealous, I was within reach out and grab distance :]
(disclaimer -- person in picutre may or may not be who you are led to believe....you decide!)

14 comments:

Sherrie

We needed a new crocodile hunter...but we need a new tag line. One of my cats (I have three) looks just like that guy. Your garden looks great! I wish I had the drive to do it this year, I think for me it runs in every other year cycles. Send me some corn when it's done, I luvs me some freash corn out of the garden. PS I have one or two, too many cats can I send a couple your way?

Dani

Phhhssssshhhhttt! ;]

Allison Easley

Oh my heavens, we truly are twins. I'm a friend of the animal kingdom...to a fault. I feel more deeply generally for stray animals than I do for stray humans. True story, that.

Congrats on the garden too!

Rachelle

Who is that man????

Sherrie

Looks a lot like mr. Tim McG. Don't worry about me shipping a cat or two your way, Emma's heart would break and then I'd have to get another, what's the point.

-KJ

Not Tim McG. Saw that hottie in person last fall!

Garden looks fabuloso! I wish I could tell my too busy hubby to get on with building our beds!!!

As for the kitty! I love him! I have two kitties that would hurt him, otherwise I would steal him from you!

Sean and Janet Eyring

Hey, you guys live in Chicago-ish area right?
I might be coming there for eBay Live! conference in June. Any ideas as to cheap, must see attractions that are open after 6pm?
Thanks,
Sean

Dani

Sean - We aren't in that area of the country, although that would be a little closer to the west coast -- we're in North Carolina. Wish I could help!

Eliza

I don't talk about gardens. Yard work makes me vomit...literally. I don't want one even though I know we should. woooohooo for you!

You know I hate being wrong but I'll take a stab anyway.... Brad Paisley??? oh wait....Lester?? Did he decide to go country on us?

Sean and Janet Eyring

I don't know why I thought you and Chicago...something I was smokin' I guess!

Kade and Emily

You are a family of crazy animals, I'll tell you what!
Is that for reals Tim-bo??? I'm having a fit of jealousy!

Eliza

why you so rude? Who is in that DANGM PICTURE!!!!

Dani

It is a really good look-a-like for Mr. McGraw.....

Sherrie

I thought he looked a little too small to be T.McG.