CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Wow....where did this week go?

I mean, last time I checked it was Monday and now here it's Sunday again and another new week is knocking on the door. I guess that calls for a week-in-review....

Last Saturday (19th) was baseball opening ceremonies and Corben's first official game. His team played a great game and they are learning some serious skills. The coaches (Coach Pitch included ;) do a fantastic job and we're so thankful for them.
The league organizers gave all the children baseball cards....Corben was thrilled to get someone from the Red Sox!
Maddie even had fun

Dugout shot

Well there are more things going on in this family than just baseball.....well, maybe ;] Madison and I went to a music and movement class for 2-4 year olds and after the initial shyness, she had a ball dancing and singing. Maddie is our little singer [as evidenced from past videos...TTLS] and she is always dancing around.

I've been spending more time in the yard/garden. I still have yet to rent a rototiller and get my garden plot ready to plant, but I did plant some shade loving Hostas and two rosebushes in the front yard. All of our little seedlings for the garden are sprouting and are I have some strawberries and tomatoes on order. I need to get that garden R-E-A-D-Y!! I'll have to take some before/during/after pics of that project.

My upstairs will hopefully find completion soon as well, which reminds me that I haven't posted a current progress report. Tomorrow, I think!

Yesterday found us at our first primary quarterly activity. [Church/children's program] We planned it to be a Book of Mormon Adventure, with visiting prophets. We spent time with Enos, "General" Helaman and "Captain" Moroni. The children had a great time hearing about prayer and making prayer rocks, participating in a Stripling Warrior boot camp/obstacle course, then building fortifications with Moroni. I think the kids will remember playing with all the boxes more than anything, it was really fun to watch! [I'm so glad those boxes are not in my garage anymore]

Stripling warrior trainingThe fifty box fortification wall -- before demolishment,during,
and after. They had a blast!

One final thought, Corben's dirt bike hasn't been running for a few weeks and Lester had the time to tinker with it finally. He took apart the carburetor and cleaned it all out and put it back together....and SUCCESS! It's now running and just waiting for Corben to take it for a spin. Congrats Daddy on your first dirt bike mechanical triumph! :)

6 comments:

FOX

It is pretty evident by the pictures of the fortress that where I am in Utah is a completely different world. I first saw the picture and I thought, where are all the kids?

We have so many kids you wouldn't be able to see the boxes anymore. We have 3 nurseries, 4 sunbeam classes, 3 4-5 yr old classes, etc.

I miss my ward like yours. We lived in Colorado for 8 years and we just moved to Utah and my entire family is having CO withdrawals.

I am rambling! Great post! You're an awesome mom by the looks of it!!!!!!

Dani

Humorously enough, we actually had a good turnout....sad I know. Our primary is about 40 kids on a good Sunday, so to have 24 kids come to a Saturday activity was exceptional although 6 of the kids are children of people that work in primary ;]

Our nursery is bursting, but that's normal for a military ward plus they are always cycling in/out.

FOX

Crazy, We have about 200 kids in our primary.

We loved Colorado soooo much and our primary was like yours.

I really felt that the smaller wards felt more like a "ward family"

Seriously, I have lived here 2 years and I don't know anyones names.

Sherrie

I'm not even gonna tell you how many kids we have, but I love the box fortress. Are you ever too old to play in boxes??

Kim

That primary activity looks way funner than the one we had. You rock! What fun for you guys, and I agree, I'd be glad to have all those boxes out of my garage too!

Rachelle

Hi Dani!

Looking forward to seeing your photos of the garden and flowers!

Alas, my tulips are losing their heads- I mean their petals....they were so beautiful too! I guess it's time to think of something else to put under the tree, after I cut all the tulips back.

Take care!