CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 14, 2008

Melodius Restitution

For anyone that has been reading my blog since last year, you may remember these posts [see here and here] and have known that I've been on the hunt for a replacement. Well the day of recompense has finally arrived!

I found this beautiful piano on craigslist [the ever present source of all things to be found] and was lucky enough to be the first caller. I immediately nabbed it and was fortunate to find someone to move it down here from a good distance away - about 95 miles at a reasonable price. I am so excited, and have already started cleaning it and plinking out tunes for the children much to their delight. Patience paid off! :)

Oh, and for a certain person who occasionally drops by the blog, this one is for you - I couldn't resist snapping a picture as I sped on by (it was on my cell phone, sorry it's so grainy--I hope you can read it.) Feel free to print it out and place it on your dartboard or punching bag....LOL

16 comments:

FOX

OK, I think you need to explain the freeway picture:) Is there something funny on the sign?

Beautiful new piano!!!!

Eliza

The only way I could tell what it said is by seeing the name you gave it when I clicked on it. He is going to virtually spit on you! (I should too since I am also a hater)

Dani

I must say that when I saw it, he was the first person I thought of - and I know he strenuously dislikes them hence the suggestion for a dartboard target. ;)

Fox - If you look closely it says "Duke University." It's really fuzzy but it was all I could do with my cell phone without causing an accident. :)

FOX

What is wrong with Duke University? Although, I support you in life, soooo...

Man I hate those guys...losers!!!!!!!!!!

Dani

K - I just knew Tay didn't like DU - I had no idea about you Lizee, or you Fox.

Can someone clue me in??? What's to hate? (I'm almost ashamed to ask :0 )

Eliza

4 letters - U.N.L.V

FreyBoys

The piano is beautiful!! I didn't know you could play. Have so much fun using it!!

Kim

How fun with the piano. We ended up with a piano similar situation. After having it for several years we spent more having it fixed and tuned than we did to get it but I love it. And now my boys are in lessons!

-KJ

Yeah for the piano! Poop on Duke. Wait, Duke IS poop! Hahahahaha!

Sherrie

Did I we know you played when we lived together...am I forgetting? Nice job getting one finally, this one looks a lot better than the other one. What's the deal between UNLV and Duke...sorry Lizee I don't follow the rebels.

Mandy

great deal for your piano. i want one for myself even thougth i can barely play any notes.

Dani

Maybe that's an unknown....??? LOL I took lessons two different times when I was younger - maybe when I was 8ish and then again when I was 15 I think. I've always loved to play and do wish I had continued to learn - I can play, it just takes a whole lot of practice and time to get a song down. Hopefully that will now change! :) I went and got an adult lessons book today....I'll update every so often. :)

Sherrie

We bought a digital piano four years ago when we couldn't get our upright up the three flights of stairs at the apartment we lived in. If I had known we were buying a house so soon I would have asked my mom to store it longer. But the digital is nice and Emma and James have been taking lessons for a while now.

Kade and Emily

Ooooooh! great find on the piano! I've loved having one, and so does Maryn. Though if I had to do it all over again, I might not have purchased a new one. A certain 2 year old likes to use it as a freeway for her cars. grrr.

Reed, Liz and the kids

I can't wait to see it in person! Congrats- now you can start filling in at church

FOX

Where did you go????

miss ya!