Wednesday, February 27, 2008
A Visit with the Dentist
Well I finally got the children to the dentist, it's been far too long for Corben (before Germany) and this was Maddie's first trip. I chose to go to a place called "Smile Starters" because they specialize in pediatric dentistry but I have to say I was a little wary because they told me when I made the appointment that I could not go back with my kids while they had their procedures done. Corben I knew would be just fine with that, but I pictured Maddie being dragged from my arms kicking and screaming to the back of the office. So much for that....maybe I was a little sad that she had no problem WHATSOEVER waltzing off while holding big brother's hand to go through the big door where she had never been before. [Yeah, wish I had a picture of that now....!] She even smiled as she looked back....too grown up for me already! Madison was finished before Corben and skipped out with her little treasures, multiple stickers on her sweater, a bouncy ball, sparkly/glitter bracelet and a new toothbrush and toothpaste. Corben came out a bit later, sporting a sparkling smile (newly cleaned and treated with grape flouride) and his treasures -- 2 parachuting soldiers, stickers, a blue sparkle/glitter bracelet [???] and a toothbrush that looks like an adults [he thought that was really cool]. The best part for me however was the report that there were ZERO cativites! Yahoooooooo!


Yep, we made out like bandits! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
They are so adorable!!! Maddie's hair has gotten so long!! Side note... How can I change my template? I copied and paste and it worked but none of my posts show up. All that I see is the layout. Help!!!
They didn't give me a sparkle bracelet last time I went to the dentist...in fact what I got was painful and they made me pay!
NO bracelet? How sad, I think they should give adults a little something to lighten the day after an appointment especially since it's paid for. Maybe tickets to DL or a cruise! [the cruise is only for those under great duress--crowns, wisdom teeth, root canals etc] ;)
Patricia - a really easy way to change your layout is at pyzam.com Just follow the directions to paste the html into your customize tab and it should work.... Let me know!
would that 1 cruise per procedure? Cause Curtis and I are in for 3 cruises!! (I had 2 crowns and he had a root canal AND 5 wisdom teeth pulled with in the last 8 months)
Wow just the two of you alone are keeping your dentist in biznessss! Maybe I should have gone into dentistry instead of RMYL...lol
Yeah for your kids. I'm glad they had a good experience. And I'm sorry to say that I would have to agree with the office's policy about parents in the back with the kids. It's just how it works the best.
Post a Comment