CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Griswolds or Gebski's?

After our trip to SC we decided to stop and pick up our Christmas tree since the month is diddling away so quickly. It was pretty cold that evening and Lester forgot to grab a jacket, so he did his best looking and then retreated to the barrel fire the lot had by the entrance. It reminded me a lot of Forgotten Carols and the We Are Not Homeless song.....kind of funny. I grabbed this quick picture of Maddie racing through the trees:We found our tree, and of course it was pretty much one of the first ones we examined-kind of skinny and on the tall side, just how we like them. We brought it in the house on Thursday and I didn't get to putting on the lights until today. I have this thing with the lights, I guess I could have put this on my 6 things post, but I'm kind of OC with lights on the tree. I have to stand back, squint and look for holes where no lights are. Anyway, on with the story already....well half way down the tree I almost had one of these moments...(make sure to pause the Christmas music)

...when I came upon this deep in our tree:
Thankfully for our sakes, it is empty. Corben thought it was extremely cool that a bird lived in this particular tree. No squirrels though, wheewwww!

14 comments:

-KJ

Wow! A real tree! You are festive. I HATE putting the lights on. I think my prayers were heard when they came out with prelight trees!
What a cute little nest!!!

Sherrie

Dani I do the same squinty thing with the lights. Speaking of forgotten carols...we are not homeless...well some little birdy out there is. Went to the show for the first time, since we went way back when, this last weekend. It was the same M.Mclean still talks instead of sings his lines.

Eliza

I also squint....

Dani

So glad I'm not the only one! ;)

Kade and Emily

Great find. That's why I'm stickin' with fake trees. no squirrels, no birds, ect. Oh, and the only cold we have to brave is the attic.

Rachelle

I do the same exact thing- that squinty thing...I'm so tired of playing with the lights that I've finally convinced John to go fake next year- his only condition- if we can have several "live" wreaths in the house- to get that lovely fir smell- I said I'm happy to oblige. I'm tired of the needles, the mess and the ornaments dragging down the branches. Fake is so great! Maybe I can get a good deal on one after Christmas...?

Anyway, can you send me your home address? I would love to add you to our Christmas Card list...just email me at rachelle.falls@comcast.net.

Merry Christmas!

Dani

Lester and I decided when we were first married that we love the real trees so much that nothing short of a tree shortage would bring fake into our home.... If there WERE to be anything other than a shortage to sway me, it would definitely be the lights. I have to say though, I'm thrilled with the result of our tree this year, I'll post a picture soon! ;)

Alli Easley

I'm a squinter. Also, I have a special technique that I use that makes the cords invisible, but it literally takes about 4 hours, so putting up the tree is not enjoyable for me.

Sherrie

It always takes that long....but in the end it's worth it, right??

Ally, next time you're up here I need you to take family pics for me!! Liza's are great!

Sherrie

....But can you make me look skinny?

nyclizzie

Did you see this week in Florida, someone had a SNAKE stuck in their tree when they brought it home?!?! Oddly enough, when we brought ours home this year, I was thinking....what if there was a snake nestled in ours for a long winter's nap? I would die!

And on another note, they are saying that real trees are actually more eco-friendly because they are renewable resources and the plastic ones are worse for the environment. There is nothing like a real tree to bring Christmas!

Dani

Whhhaaat? Holy cow, I'm so glad it was just a nest. Yeah, I don't think I could ever do a fakey.... Our city even collects the trees and shreds them to mulch planter beds. Thank you to our city! :)

Eliza

Yeah well my city is even better cause every year when I have them shred my fakey I have them put the shreds in my yard too....Looks green and fresh all year round. Buy it once and never spend again is all I have to say. Buy a real wreath from Costco to get the smell. The End.

Dani

So that's the secret to a green lawn all year 'round..... We could use that here with our beautiful shades of brown lawns. They're so earthy looking! Blah!!!