This is something I just had to post about.... Let me preface the prayer part with what transpired before we read scriptures and prepared for family prayer. I know this is totally unheard of, but Corben's room has become-shall we say-a little cluttered. I told him that before we left the house tomorrow morning, his room needed to be picked up. That statement was met with the standard groans and grumbles, as yes, sadly that is the norm. Somehow in his years upon this earth so far, it hasn't sunk in that he can't leave his room messy for very long--at some point things need to be put in their proper place. So now to his prayer -- "please bless that when I get up and go in my room, all my toys and things will be put away and it will be clean." Now THAT is faith! It was extremely hard for Lester and I to maintain reverence and not bust out laughing..... When the prayer was done, I said to Corben, let's see if a mighty miracle was wrought in your room. It was quite a moment! I had to explain that some things, Heavenly Father can't do for us and we have to take responsibility for -- I'm sure he'll learn that in life. Oh the faith and innocence of the young. :)
Friday, November 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Oh, is that why it doesn't work? We have to take responsi-what? Crap.
I too have been praying for someone to clean my house, for years now and it always comes true, I just didn't realize at first Heavenly Father would send me, Me.
well he didn't send YOU to me yet...STILL WAITING!
Post a Comment