So on to my so called brush with "fame." The Saturday after Thanksgiving, we decided to drive up to Baltimore, MD and visit a neat children's museum called Port Discovery. What a neat museum -- it had a 3 story climb-through playhouse that Corben and Lester exhausted themselves on (okay, well maybe just Lester) and all kinds of hands on exhibits -- a kid's diner with menus, food, everything (Madison loved it), ball pits....too much fun! Well since I knew we were planning to go to Baltimore, I had in my mind that one of our favorite shows from The Food Network is based there! Yup, Duff Goldberg and his Ace of Cakes Crew!!!
Friday, November 30, 2007
Our Happy Thanksgiving and My (almost) Brush With Fame
We spent our Thanksgiving enjoying the beauty of Northern Virginia (just outside D.C.) this year with Lester's brother and sister-in-law and their family. We had a great time, great food and did some fun things. We braved BLACK FRIDAY and went to IKEA and the Potomac Mills Outlet Mall in Woodbridge, Virginia. Oh how I love the IKEA and the wonders found within the walls of that store! I did find out that IKEA will find it's way to our neck of the woods but not until late next year (and in Charlotte--oh well, 2 hours is closer than 5). The outlet mall was as crowded as you can imagine. One of the stores I had intended to visit was the Gap, but there were so many people trying to get in/out of the store I chose to keep my sanity. The lines were like conga lines--crazy, crazy people searching for anything they could get their hands on I guess. I didn't even buy anything at the mall if you can imagine! Anyway, here are some TG day pictures:
Corben enjoying our Thanksgiving morning walk -- it was a beautiful morning!
Taking a break after playing at the park along the walking path.
So on to my so called brush with "fame." The Saturday after Thanksgiving, we decided to drive up to Baltimore, MD and visit a neat children's museum called Port Discovery. What a neat museum -- it had a 3 story climb-through playhouse that Corben and Lester exhausted themselves on (okay, well maybe just Lester) and all kinds of hands on exhibits -- a kid's diner with menus, food, everything (Madison loved it), ball pits....too much fun! Well since I knew we were planning to go to Baltimore, I had in my mind that one of our favorite shows from The Food Network is based there! Yup, Duff Goldberg and his Ace of Cakes Crew!!!
The windows of the shop are all darkened and probably with good reason. After we stopped and snapped a few pictures, two more cars drove up to do the same thing. I was hoping that by change they'd open the door or something, but not this time. I would have loved to meet anyone from the show, especially Duff, Geof or Mary Alice! A couple more shots of the shop:
Oh how we wanted to be scheduled visitors....and taste some cake! ;)
I did get to see the famous delivery van -- it was parked across the street! It has been in many episodes.
Love the fine details! These cakes are on the awning over the front door! Clever.
So on to my so called brush with "fame." The Saturday after Thanksgiving, we decided to drive up to Baltimore, MD and visit a neat children's museum called Port Discovery. What a neat museum -- it had a 3 story climb-through playhouse that Corben and Lester exhausted themselves on (okay, well maybe just Lester) and all kinds of hands on exhibits -- a kid's diner with menus, food, everything (Madison loved it), ball pits....too much fun! Well since I knew we were planning to go to Baltimore, I had in my mind that one of our favorite shows from The Food Network is based there! Yup, Duff Goldberg and his Ace of Cakes Crew!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
I wish we could have seen you all! It would have been great.
Potomac Mills is a great place for shopping, but it's so crowded, even on normal shopping days, that I completely avoid it and probably haven't been in at least 2 years! And it's only 30 minutes north of us. Oh well....the IKEA is amazing...it's new (at least by a few years). It used to be connected to the rest of the mall, but they relocated and now there's so much more space!
Anyway, hope to see you all one day! Tell Lester to call us when he's in Richmond. We would love to have him over for dinner or something.
Take care!
Rachelle
I too love that show.
How fun....reminds me of when we were in LA for your wedding and between the sealing and the reception my dad wanted to drive by the murder scene of Nichole Brown Simpson (we knew we wouldn't see her though HA). My mom was sooooooooooooooooo mad and didn't want look at it but when we passed it she told my dad to turn around and go by it again.... funny lady!
Dani..it's me Janet Broadhead Eyring...from RMYL...I LOVE the ACE!!! by the way check out my blog www.byueyrings.blogspot p.s. You look fabulous dauuling!!!:)
That is too cool!!!! I like Duff too. I LOVE the Food Network!!! My fav's are Alton Brown (who lives in the Atlanta area so maybe I will run into him someday!) Malto Mario and Giada Delarentes (spelled wrong I know)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Food Network cake,cookie challenges. I would love to do something like that.
We too love the challenges, and also Bobby Flay's throwdowns -- Did you see the holiday cake challenge last Sunday? Ooooo it was good! :)
yeah I saw it... it was a rerun but I still had to watch it again.
I LOVES me some Paula Dean. She cracks me up!
She really is hilarious! Can I have some butter with that, and that, and that too! ;)
Post a Comment