Saturday, October 6, 2007
Project -- KITCHEN
So for quite some time now since we've moved into our house (over a year now) I've been wanting to get all the rooms painted. To date the children's rooms and their bathroom are complete and I'll post pictures of those after I finish painting everything else, watch for a tour of the house! I've been pondering, flip-flopping and changing my mind about colors for the kitchen/breakfast nook and the entry/family room/hall for about 3 months now. I couldn't decide, then I'd pick a color and change my mind again. That's really easy to do if anyone of you have painted before--> You think you have the perfect color, then you look at the color selection at HD or Lowes, and all of a sudden the color isn't right. I did finally find my colors, and today was the day-bought paint and supplies and BOOM the kitchen is almost done. Here is what it looked like before:
This picture is actually before we moved in, but the paint was the same up until today, flat and blah. If you look at the post below with Madison in pigtails, there is also a closer shot of the boring walls. Here is phase one of painting......the top half of the eating area and rest of the kitchen:
Here I am working on the trim, we opted not to spend a million hours taping everything, so I had the job of cutting in around the baseboards and windows. Such fun! On to phase two:

I love the contrast of the bottom color, it's called clam chowder. I love the cool names of paint! [Please excuse the table and chairs, Lester would be horrified to know that they are on the blog, he can't stand our table and costco chairs. I personally don't mind, the kids can't harm them, since they're indestructible! Functional, and yes a little plain, but it will work until the kids are a little older.....anywhoo back to the project!] Phase three comes tomorrow, we're putting up a chair rail. Can't wait for it to be done. Stand by for the finished product...coming soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
why are you blogging so late!! And I do love it.. glad to keep up with your house on the ol' "intraweb" even though we live in the same town!
So cute! I love the two different tones of the same base color...very chic!
I love it! I am also having the same problem...well I guess you're over yours now. I think we have the same counter tops.
I still haven't painted up stairs yet. It is a LONG process when my hands are always full of children.
Someday.......
I love the colors. Some day I want to own a house and make it cute like that! Maybe you could come do my painting for me! yeah!
You are so good to paint!!! That would be one of my least favorite things to think about doing! Although, I really like the idea of the AFTER. Know what I'm sayin'? It looks so good! Much brighter. I am into golds right now too.
We are in a brand new house and there are already things I want to paint! I couldn't decide on a color so I just went with our main color through most of the house. Oh well. One day.
Can't wait to see the tour!
The tour will be coming soon. I have the paint to finish the downstairs, and hopefully by Friday (painting at night w/kids in bed) I'll be fini! ;) I'm thinking positive here.
Elizabeth - I was posting so late 'cause that's when we finished.... You'll have to come see it!
Em -- Sorry, I'll be all painted out ;)
Liza -- 4 kids? Yeah, that excuse will work :)
Sherrie -- I can't tell you how many paint samples of yellow/gold/creams I have. It's like a library.
KJ -- The after is soooo worth it. I love walking into the warm color and smellin' the fresh paint. One of my faves for sure!
Post a Comment