CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Little Bit of Random

First - a little ditty:

(Do you know the song? Thank you Guitar Hero :)

Then, our little Cub Scout participated in his first flag ceremony--too bad I didn't get the whole flag in the picture...
So the meteorologists got it wrong -- it snowed again and caused a two-hour delay for school. We didn't mind, we went to breakfast ;]
And lastly, this mess was supposed to be oatmeal raisin cookies. Hmmm, for whatever reason I've lost my cookie baking ability (only for choc. chip/oatmeal raisin - I can make peanut butter kisses just fine!) so I've imposed a cookie baking ban on myself. I don't need them anyway!
(but I really think it's my oven or the humidity....LOL)

7 comments:

Sherrie

My oatmeal, choco chip cookies (I omit the raisins) looked terrible the last time I made them. It's the oatmeal, not you...but they tasted GREAT!

Dani

Hmmm that could explain it -- I did use the rolled oats from the cannery. Maybe all isn't lost! ;]

Rachelle

Love that you took your kids to breakfast during a school delay! Such a great mom! Me, I use that time to hurry, hurry, hurry- because I usually forgot to do something for them the night before- something has been left for the AM and I'm thankful for the delay...

I'll keep the breakfast thing in mind for next time...thanks for the "cool mom" idea!

Reed, Liz and the kids

i seriously doubt that you can't cook cookies...you made great ones while I lived there! And what a good idea for breakfast. I love to go to breakfast!!

Cyd

OK the little singer in the dark was cute but I'm wanting to know what song it is. I was hoping someone would have made a guess by now. Please tell so I can listen to it again. So funny!

Dani

a hint....Bon Jovi

Abbie Rodgers

Hey, if you want snow, I have some you can borrow. Let me tell you I never thought I would get tired of snow. But snow from Oct to April..yikes. I am ready for spring let me tell you. Glad you guys had fun. I am getting to be a pro at driving in the snow. Keep in touch. We miss you guys!