CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Corben's Rollin' Birthday Party

First the details....way back in December Corben and I decided it would be fun to plan a pool party for his birthday. I made reservations for the first available date [in January] and set it all up. After returning from California, we hand delivered invitations to the guests and were anxious for a beach party in the winter. When we got home from our special deliveries a friend called and said "I think the pool is closed for renovations" and I replied that surely I would have been called and informed of such an event, since I paid a chunk of money to have the party there a LONG time ago.... Well unfortunately it was [and they got a piece of my mind - and told them they could tell my 8 year old he wasn't having a pool party] and the options were to either call and cancel or find another venue. Thankfully someone had the brilliant idea to go roller skating, so that's what we did. Everyone had a blast, even the parents :D I have a feeling we'll be back to skate there soon....

3 comments:

Cyd

What jerks! Glad you guys had fun roller skating instead.

Sherrie

That's too bad, I hope they refunded your money! The skate looks fun too, my kids would have loved that.

Kade and Emily

I hope the people who scheduled your party aren't the same people who "clean" the pool. :S Nice save with the roller skating!