CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 26, 2008

California Christmas

With Lester being gone, we spent Christmas in California with my family. We had an amazing time and enjoyed every single minute [well, maybe not EVERY minute.....I'll explain.] Here's a brief rundown of the week before Christmas in CA:

18th - Arrived in CA (late)
19th - Slept in, Sister-in-law Caroline came up with cousins Landon, Weston and Calder
Weston and Calder sleep over [Landon gets sick]
20th - Picked out new hens (chickens) for Meme's coop [Calder gets sick]
Corben's baptism rescheduled for Jan. 3rd
21st - Church at home ward, Maddie gives herself a haircut, Andy and boys sleep over [Madison gets sick]
22nd - Some shopping gets done, get Christmas tree, 1st trip to Pinkberry (YUM)
[Andy, Caroline, Weston and I get sick....sensing a pattern yet?]
23rd - Home for the day recovering [Corben and Poppy sick]
24th - I brave the crowds to get all shopping done even though still a little queasy
[Corben and Weston sick again]
25th - Merry Christmas!! Weren't sure if we would be having family Christmas, but everyone felt good and we had a wonderful day.

That's pretty much how it went - thankfully after Christmas everyone was feeling healthy again and then it was off to the desert, but that's a whole other post :)

7 comments:

Sherrie

Love the slide show! Your brother looks so different than I remember, but I think I only met hom once. Your mom looks so much the same. Just walking down my own memory lane here!

My sisters fiance is into riding BIG! Rose thinks he's nuts and I've triend to explain that there are other families out there who are into it.

Kade and Emily

Looks like a fun Christmas...minus the illness.

Allison Easley

Wasn't the weather fantastic though? We were there for New Years...aaaand I turned on the A.C. Man, I miss California.

Cyd

I'm glad you got to spend Christmas in California with your parents. I sure hate those nasty stomach bugs but I was happy to read that you had it all out of your systems by Christmas Day. By the way, thanks for the Christmas card and newsletter as it answered a lot of questions I had in regards to your awesome little family.

FreyBoys

So glad y'all got over the bug!! It's going around here but we have managed to dodge it!! The pictures are great. Love seeing updates on the fam. Give Lester blessings from us. We think of him often!!

Rachelle

How are you or did you get the dirt bike home from CA?

glad you had a great time, minus the sickness..yuck!

hope you are all healthy!

Rachelle

Oh, I forgot to mention, I noticed today that you and I chose the same blog background! great minds think alike....