So here it is....we have mice in our garage. YIKES! The break down:
Cold weather + wheat food storage in mylar bags (no more) + warm garage = mouse party.
Cleaned up the wheat, let the cat go on patrol, then a week later...
Old birdseed + forgotten bag of Easter candy = mouse smorgasbord x standoff with mouse for 10 minutes = call to exterminators.
Glue board traps < poison (bad for kids and pets) or mouse traps (who wants to hear that snap??) = 2 less mice the next day.
2 hours + shop vac + glue boards = 4 less mice. (shop vacs are very efficient and make a nice ffwoop sound when sucking up mice :)
Score so far: Dani & shop vac = 1, glue boards = 5, mice = ? but I'm hoping they will get the hint and find a new winter condo.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
I hate mice too! Sometimes in the Spring during the rainy weather, they get into our storage space in the basement...the furnace is in there so if a mouse ends up dead, it causes a big stink! Who would have thought a little, itty bitty mouse could cause such a huge stink! (that happened last year, we could smell it through the air vents, yuck!)
anyway, we've used glue boards and they work fantastically (is that a word?)...but, I feel bad when I see the cute, itty bitty mouse stuck on the glue..thinking he had his last moments- struggling to get free...they look so cute with their little paws and teeth. Ok, I've said too much. They're a pain when they're alive and so cute when they're dead...
You seriously shop-vacced up a mouse!?! Impressive!
I've killed mice to harvest organs for experimentation (seriously), but have never sucked one up a vacuum.
Here's to the mice finding new lodging!
Gross on the describing the ffwoop sound. But nice equations. :)
I'm sorry about your bad luck. I will confess...we have had mice problems also, but IN OUR KITCHEN! Yes, those little varmints ran through our pots and pans. I was ready to move. I had no luck with glue traps. Still have yet to catch one with those. I like the enclosed-kill-em traps where you don't have to see the dead mouse. I've had good luck with those. Also, a little hint I got from my exterminator: Steel wool. Mice hate it, and it is the only thing mice won't chew through. I stuffed all the nooks and crannies with it. We have only had one mouse this year--it's been a good year.
sucketh!!!!
Hee Hee...lauging all the way. Okay I'm not deranged, but you are Da BEEAASST Writer! We got two cats the day before we moved into this house. It used to be a farm, never can be too cautious, no mice so far...knock on wood!
Post a Comment