CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 21, 2008

"Your Ride on the Tilt-A-Whirl Has Now Come to an End, Please Exit to the Left...."

If I could sum up the last 35 days or so in one sentence, that would be spot ON! Today has been a breath of fresh air--nothing to do ;) and I can sit on the couch and not worry about ANYTHING.

Here is my attempt at a somewhat brief explanation of where I've been and what I've been doing since my last post (not the snooze post, the other ones about Virginia ;) And by the way the "35 days" is counting the time I was in VA: just so you know, all the words in brackets [...] are my subconscious thoughts about what was happening at the time

Drove back from Newport News-should have taken 4 hours but took 7 with traffic [these kids are driving me CRAZY], spent the next week cleaning my house top to bottom for company, I don't have enough to do so I think I'll paint my bedroom before they come and thanks for the help Elizabeth! [whaaaaaaat? you are the crazy one], finally hung pictures/decorations on the walls [it's been how long since you "moved in?"], one week later drove back up to Richmond, graduation - mini family reunion with Lester's side of the family, drove home, 5 awesome days spent with Brandli's and Noellen, Myrtle Beach, museums, air conditioner at home decides to keel over - a hot last night at home with 10 people in the house [should have said yes to borrow those fans, should join Lester and Corben on the trampoline - they're the clever ones], parted ways they go north and we go south but still not excited to go to Disneyworld yet [how much laundry could there be, wait can't leave the house is messy again, I know I'm forgetting something], La Quinta? what an awful place to stay [Oh Travelocity you've failed me, how can I trust you again?], wait --- is that the magic gate into the wonderful world of Disneyworld? [NOW I'M WAAAAY EXCITED], 8-10 hour days at the many parks [sleep? who needs sleep? This is Disneyworld and that's why we brought the "cot on wheels" for Madison -- she's fine!], 7 days are over already? [I am NOT leaving this amazing place not not NOT!], whirlwind visit in Savannah, Georgia, another LONG drive back home, get Christine ready to sell, have our debit card # "borrowed" for some unauthorized charges [oh, if I could just get my hands on them], air conditioner fixed [say that again, it's how much????????], two parties at our house in one week [at least the house is clean], family pictures, drive to the airport [We love you Daddy!!!].

There it is, and I know I'm forgetting many funny stories/happenings but oh well! It has been fun, exhausting and quick. Here it is in pictures (at least the first part -- I'll do the Disneyworld pictures tomorrow!)

11 comments:

Lester

Man did you even take a breath? I odnt think i could have sed it better myself.

FOX

Wow! What a blast!!!! I am so jealous, as I sit on my bottom with no trips in sight and my kids watching TV.

I am trying to come up with something fun to do. Brandon just started a new job so we can't take time off.

Congrats on graduating Lester!!!

Now explain to me the boy in the bubble picture!!!!!

Sean and Janet Eyring

I got tired just reading the Reader's Digest edition!
Can't wait for the DW pictures!

Sean and Janet Eyring

Ok, where'd you get the Bubble (from the boy in the bubble pic in the slide show!
That looks hilarious!

Dani

The bubble is a crazy ride/amusement we found at this place called Broadway at the Beach in MB -- stipulations were to be less than 150 pounds or we all would have done it for sure. You step in, they zip you up and fill it with air and they throw you out into a big lake (tethered of course). Think hamster in a ball - human size. I did get it on video, I'll have to post it. :)

FreyBoys

Yeah your back!!! I didn't realize y'all were going to do so much traveling!!! Did you not love Savannah?!! I am sure you loved the rest too. Pictures are adorable!!

Sherrie

So glad you're back...we missed you! I love the DW too and DL also. You are the crazy travelers, but I guess you always have been. I'm glad you had fun. I don't ever remember seeing pics of Leslie looking so much like Lester!

swissscrapper

My favorite photo is the one where Maddie is asleep after the beach. What a gorgeous girl! Glad you had so much time with Lester before he left. Can't wait to see you guys.

Kade and Emily

Wow! what a summer you've had. I don't blame you for taking a short break from bloggin!

Eliza

yay! You're back! Wowza, what a summer so far. I too am anticipating the DW pictures. I will tell you that I will NOT be patient. NOT I tell you! ;)

Oh and we're twinners! Your killer tan looks just like mine!

Rachelle

Our AC broke also- right after Memorial Day and it's pricey to fix...we're just now finishing paying off the last installment! But, I'd rather be cool than super hot in this hot, humid weather!

Our dishwasher also broke- about 2 weeks after the AC...we have not had the chance to place an order yet for a new dishwasher, but I'm on the look out and plan to head to Home Depot very soon- I hate washing dishes by hand!