CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 24, 2007

A Day in the Life....the Bomb-e-ville

Okay, so nothing terribly exciting happened over the weekend for us except the normal everyweekend goings on... Soccer game, baked pies for a ward activity (Lester made a triple berry pie and I made a peanut butter/chocolate cream pie with Reeses mixed in--both were delish!), and a normal Sunday church day. Well, I guess I should mention the Bomb-e-ville. What is this you ask? Well, some background if you will. When we arrived stateside last year from Germany, we had to acquire new vehicles since we neither took/brought back cars. A shame too, Lester does miss his "horsepower" bmw 318i. (Corben named his car, and it stuck.) Back to the bomb-e-ville, the car that Lester found once we settled in here was a black Pontiac Bonneville ssei, a seemingly nice car with the power and comfort that he so desired. This isn't actually his car, but it looks exactly like this one. Thus began a somewhat sketchy relationship between a man and his car, quite similar to the movie "Christine." The car has an alarm, that seems to go off when in the direct vicinity of our home, and when El Lobo Gris (my Tahoe) is near. Pretty much a jealous car, since it usually sits in the driveway for the weekend as El Lobo is the drive of choice. Christine has been testing the patience of the members of this family, leaving black oily spots in the driveway, honking incessantly to get our attention (especially on Sundays), leaving Lester in the freezing cold driving to work in the winter (she won't blow heat, go figure, she's an icy chick!), and of late being extremely testy with her steering, so now she has an alias, the bomb-e-ville. The steering has become unbearable and Christine went to the doctor for a check up and was diagnosed with a terminal illness in her power steering. Power steering problems=mucho dinero. Hooray! My absolute favorite!!! One of the joys of my life is to spend lots and lots of money fixing cars. So Christine, the bomb-e-ville all I can say, is that hey--you spiced up a pretty normal weekend. Thanks!

SBPBSSEI looking for AWWM to develop a real relationship, vibrant personality. Loves drives in the country, good music and a heavy right foot. (single black Pontiac Bonneville ssei, anyone who wants me) Disclaimer this client is currently seeing a therapist to overcome jealousy and has been known to cry uncontrollably and leave stains!
Any takers?

8 comments:

Sherrie

HEEE HEEE, sounds like my cars' cousin, sicko the civic....she is bowel problems and will be having a little transplant this weekend.

Eliza

I don't want to comment as to jinx, jonx, jilep my own cars. Sooo Soddy!

Anonymous

jjj love it!!! vrao! Aren't you interested in the personal ad?

Eliza

no i don't need any drama in this house...that is why I only have boys! HAH!!

Alli Easley

I ditto Eliza's jinx, jonx, jileping. I love my cars! They are wonderful! They are loved! They would never break down on us! (although I did spend about $1200 on MUCH NEEDED tires and tune ups on both of our cars yesterday. Sweet)

Anonymous

Love getting tires too -- we did that last spring for my tahoe (which I love and adore...)

Alli Easley

I have the Odyssey and the Nissan Sentra. Jap cars hooray!

Kade and Emily

I love those creative names you give your cars. I think we got as creative as: Vinny the VW. It was a tough one to think up. Next time we get a new car, I know where to come!